Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kemunting Lake View Restaurant

A place that selling fresh water fishes - Kemunting Lake View Restaurant @ Karangan. The reason that I love this place is just simply because of the fishes are very very fresh, especially pak soh gong.


This is my 4th visit, kinda far, if you are depart from Penang island, driving 90-100km/h, it might takes around 1 hour 20 mins. But let me tell you, IT'S WORTH!!! You definitely will have an unforgettable food trip. 


Usually I will "da pao" duck before I go Kemunting, it is allowed to bring your own food. As many of us know that Lunas famous of duck, so you should not miss it!!!
There are 2 shops quite famous in Lunas:
First, Tan Kee - famous of sweet and sour duck
Second, Hun Tai - famous of pan mee and pei pa duck. (claypot mee not bad too)
but...
you might ignore a hawker in lunas market kopitiam which is next to food court, their pei pa duck is delicious!!! Roast pork is crispy as well. (for sure, i will further introduce it on my next post for my Kulim trip during Raya week).


I personally like Lunas market pei pa duck than Hun Tai due to Hun Tai is more expensive, lesser meat. A little hints for you, if you are eating duck, roast pork in Lunas market, you may enjoy their free bottomless herbs drink (a.k.a 涼茶). 


Well, you may spend RM1 get a fish feed for those fishy before you eat them...(cruel, right? But I bet you might visit them once again just to fill your stomach.
This is 2 person meal, it cost us around RM65 (not included duck), there are famous with 3 types of fishy, but since 2 person, I will just order 2 types of fishy:

Sweet & Sour duck from Tan Kee:

Claypot Taufu:

My favourite pak soh gong (I don't eat garlic, but I can eat this somemore drink the sauce, a bit salty thou):



1 hour later...

This was my amazing and horrible food trip thou, cause I met penang bridge cable burnt!!!! I was trapped in the massive jam about 2 hours +!!!!!!!


Address:
Kemunting Lake View Restaurant
Plot 1635, Jln Simen, Kampung Kemunting, Dusun Karangan,
09700 Kulim, Kedah.
Tel: 604-405 6046 / 017 - 405 7551 / 019 - 472 1183
Business Hour: 11am - 8pm (Closed on Wednesday)


Address:
Tan Kee Roast Duck
Jalan Raya, 
09600 Lunas, Kedah.
Tel: 604-484 3119


Address:
Restaurant Hun Tai
8A stall, Jalan Padang Serai,
09600 Lunas, Kedah.
Tel: 019 - 412 9652


Address:
Roast Master Village
Stall 7, Jalan Market,
09600 Lunas, Kedah.
Tel: 013-449 1883

No comments:

Post a Comment