Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Vintage Bulgaria Restaurant & Bar, Penang

Vintage Bulgaria restaurant & bar is owned by a Bulgarian family living in Penang. The restaurant decoration is followed by bulgarian style and the food price are fair and delicious. It's recommended to reserve during festival season. Sometimes, it is crowded and takes time to serve for your food. I had been to this restaurant for 4 times, each time also giving me surprise. 

During my very first trial, my friend and I are ordered baby pork ribs and chicken gordon bleu set. It served with 1 slice of cake, drink, mushroom soup, bread and the main course.

Baby pork ribs (well, it don't looks nice. But, trust me, the taste covers everything. The mashed potato tasted good as well):

Chicken Gordon Bleu (errmm..looks a bit different from those western food which is deep fried chicken consist of ham and cheese, right? but in fact, the taste is just so-so):

Mushroom soup & lemon cheese cake:

My second trial was actually friend's birthday celebration, and I realized that the mixed sausage platter is really NICE!!!

Forgot the name but not really nice..

Well, my 3rd trial was fantabulous. Best food ever...Bulgarian platter.
Again, a birthday celebration with my vegetarian friend. I do not feel that their vegetarian food nice, maybe I don't eat vegetable.

Bulgarian Platter (you should give a try if you eat beef):

The very last time, I was putting a very big hope to the roast pork djolan, it is the whole crispy oven-roasted pork knuckle served with their homemade sauce. But I can only say, it is disappointed, over-toasted, hard to chew....failure!!!

The actual dish also as dark as the photo:


Address:
1E Jalan Sungai Kelian,
11200 Tanjong Bungah,
Penang, Malaysia.
Tel: +604 898 1890

No comments:

Post a Comment